9.28.2008

Typhoon Jangmi



Well, we're sitting out another typhoon today. And this one is getting us out of a day of work tomorrow, as the government declared the 29th a "typhoon holiday." At one point, this one was reported as comparable to a category 5 hurricane in the States. But once again, we're safe and sound in our apartment... when we're not out catching a little bit on our camera, that is. We were able to venture out a bit this afternoon, long enough to get some footage of some big gusts of wind. You don't see them on this clip, but as I was standing out there, there were still scooters driving by like it was no big deal.

1 comment:

Jeannie said...

Hey there! I kinda know what you are experiencing after living in Florida for 15 years. While there is this real threat of something hugely dangerous, there is something pretty cool about it too. I remember sitting and watching 70 - 80 mph winds out my multiple sliding doors. I always found it fascinating how the trees could bend to the ground and not break (there is an analogy there I am sure to our Christian life). I liked just kickin' back and being home-bound for 24 hours. Now people on scooters in high winds --- that's crazy!