7.23.2009

Speech Camp!


In between writing articles, teaching on television, and proofing textbooks, I (Chels) have been traveling the island this summer conducting speech camps with a team of teachers from work. It kind of works like this--120 or so jr. high and high school students attend each workshop. We use our 6 hours together to teach them the basics of giving a speech in English. It's pretty great when they finally get a chance to write their own speeches and present them. :) Good stuff, I say. Anyway, here are some pictures from our camp in Kaohsiung (southern Taiwan).

Above: Steve (coworker) leading an activity at camp.


Winnie and I being all sheui-ge with some of our students.

And being cute here with the girls:)

Yup. He came all the way from our hood in Taipei to attend speech camp in Kaohsiung. Word.

Liz, Winnie, Chels, and Steve at the "Kiss and Ride" drop off at the Kaohsiung High Speed Rail station.

Yeah. You read right. Her shirt says, "Fever, Speed, Ride, Poop." We don't get it either:)

3 comments:

Mrs. J Keith said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mrs. J Keith said...

I need one of the poop shirts. Thank you. That is all.

LHC said...

Nice, subtle, hand gesture in that last photo! :P